Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Michael Jackson's Kids Formed Prayer Circle as Father Fell Ill

Michael Jackson's chef is speaking out about the day the King of Pop died and the bizarre role Dr. Conrad Murray -- Jackson's private physician and now the focus of a manslaughter investigation -- played that morning.

On June 25, Kai Chase, a professionally trained chef who has worked with Macy Gray and Jamie Foxx, said she knew something was up when Murray didn't come downstairs to get the juices and granola he routinely brought Jackson each morning.

See 32 photos from inside Michael Jackson's Staples Center memorial

She said she was also used to seeing the doctor coming down the steps carrying oxygen tanks. When Murray didn't come downstairs the morning of June 25, "I thought maybe Mr. Jackson is sleeping late," Chase told the Associated Press.

"I started preparing the lunch and then I looked at my cell phone and it was noon. About 12:05 or 12:10 Dr. Murray runs down the steps and screams, 'Go get Prince!' He's screaming very loud. I run into the den where the kids are playing. Prince (Jackson's oldest son) runs to meet Dr. Murray and from that point on you could feel the energy in the house change.

"I walked into the hall and I saw the children there. The daughter was crying. I saw paramedics running up the stairs."

Then, a small group consisting of the children, their nanny, a housekeeper and Chase held hands and began to pray, Chase recalled.

See photos of Michael Jackson's kids through the years

As paramedics raced to the room, Chase said, "We were all praying, 'Help Mr. Jackson be O.K.' "Then everyone was very quiet."

At about 1:30 p.m. she said security guards told her and other staff to leave the property because "Mr. Jackson was being taken to the hospital," according to the AP.

Jackson was pronounced dead at 2:26 p.m. at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

See how Michael Jackson's face has changed over the years

Authorities searched Murray's Las Vegas home and medical office Tuesday, following a raid last week at his clinic and storage in Houston.

A law enforcement official told the AP that investigators believe Jackson died from a fatal dose of the powerful anesthetic Propofol, allegedly supplied by Murray sometime in the early morning of June 25.

No comments:

Search This Blog